Now Accepting Commercial Patients!
Verification with the insurance provider is required before admission to the Swing Bed program.
Skilled Nursing Care Beds “Swing Beds” of Plains Memorial Hospital are for those patients who still need a high level of nursing care, but not to the same degree that is required for acute care patients. The swing bed program provides skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services. This may include IV therapy as well as physical/occupational and speech therapy.
It is very important to understand that Swing Bed care requires the use of the Medicare patient’s skilled nursing facility benefit.
In order to qualify for Swing Bed Services, a patient must meet the following requirements:
- Be covered by Medicare Part A
- Have had 3 midnights in an acute care bed prior to Swing Bed services
- Have an ongoing diagnosis and needs that require skilled care as defined by Medicare such as:
- extended IV therapy needs, orthopedic surgeries (hip/knee replacements), fractures, post-surgical procedures, neurological disorders (stroke), and generalized weakness due to CHF, COPD, pneumonia, and other chronic conditions
- You may only enter the Skilled Nursing Care Facility upon the order of a physician who is an active member of the Medical Staff of the hospital
Patients are discharged from Swing Bed Services when:
- They have achieved the maximum benefit of skilled nursing or rehabilitation, as determined by the physician
- The care being provided has become custodial in nature
- The patient’s continuing care requires long term rehabilitation placement
- There is a change in the patient’s needs/level of care
SWING BED COORDINATOR
Join Our Community
Stay Updated on News and Events by Subscribing!