Medicare has identified that the care of chronic health conditions is a very important goal. Chronic conditions are ongoing medical problems that must be managed effectively in a partnership between you and your care team to maintain the best health possible. Medicare has created a new program to promote these services. Castro County Healthcare is participating in the program and will encourage any qualified patient to participate.
How It Works:
- You will have access to care management services 24/7.
- You and our care team will create a care plan that is unique to you. It will address all your health conditions. We’ll identify specific goals, barriers and outcomes to focus on during the program.
- Each month, your care manager will call you to track your progress. If you have any new concerns or issues, you can address them with your care team at any time.
- We will provide you with a copy of your care plan and clinical summary. It may also be shared with other providers involved in your care.
- We will review and help you to manage your medications, including refills.
- We will coordinate with home and community – based clinical service providers.
Chronic Care Manager